How To Brew: Moccamaster
The Moccamaster is an automated pour over system that is capable of brewing larger amounts of filtered coffee, otherwise more generally referred to as a batch brewer.
Perhaps not as romantic or as stylish as other techniques but capable of equally as good results with less of the fuss!
What you’ll need
- 45g medium grind coffee
- 720g filtered water at room temperature (plus more for rinsing)
- Insert filter paper into brewer.
- Fill water reservoir to 4, activate brewer with flow control closed.
- Once filter is fully soaked, open flow control to heat and rinse carafe.
- Empty rinse water.
- Fill reservoir to level 6 with water, fill brewer with 45g of freshly ground coffee.
- Activate brewer and start timer with flow control closed.
- At water level 4, gently stir surface of the brew with six strokes.
- Open flow control to full.
- At water level 2, stir with another six strokes.
- Adjust grind size to suit total brew time of 4-5 minutes.